NEW! Listen to the article
B2B marketers often look for alternative ways to get more organic traffic and breakthrough conversions for business websites. A power page can help.
Power pages build a website’s reputation and authority in Google and target visitors’ eyes, and they also enable effective link building. All of this translates into brand visibility, trust and, what we all expect from marketing efforts, leads and sales.
What is a power page
Say you’ve been running a SaaS business since 2017, selling a plagiarism checker tool to educational organizations. In 2018, you published the ultimate guide to detecting duplicates in student work, and you updated it regularly with new facts and statistics.
In 2022, the article got thousands of clicks from organic search and social media, and hundreds of people bookmarked it. It continuously generates natural backlinks and shares, demonstrating excellent behavioral metrics.
This article is your power page.
The term was coined by Brian Dean, an SEO expert and author at back link. Today, marketers have a few definitions:
- Content strategically designed to rank at the top of Google’s search engine results page (SERP). Example: Backlinko’s SEO this year.
- A content item intended for go viral and get tons of backlinks, social media shares and traffic from search. Example: SmartBlogger’s 801+ words of power.
- 10x content, AKA a published work designed to be at least 10 times better than any other article on the related topic from the top of Google’s SERP (and possibly surpassing them, of course). Example: Bid4Papers’ Ultimate Guide to Persuasive Writing.
Why You Should Consider a Power Page for Your B2B Website
Power Pages aren’t just for B2C websites. B2B marketers can also benefit because a powerful page is the most effective content a business can publish online.
the why to include the creation of power pages in your B2B strategy in 2022:
- Powerful pages rank higher in search engines and, therefore, drive more traffic.
- Powerful pages are, as a rule, long-form content and therefore rank for a higher number of keywords.
- They generate more backlinks and shares due to their advanced nature that satisfies the information seeking intent.
- Their super high-quality content increases dwell time, influencing behavioral metrics and overall website performance.
- Power Pages help authors build authority in their niche and then convert that into business deals and revenue.
The Anatomy of a Power Page
To create the best content on the internet, you need to understand what makes a particular post the best from the perspective of readers and search engine crawlers. In other words, we need to know the parts that make up a power page.
1. Informative value
Power pages are informative and answer any questions a user may have on the subject. A power page contains so much information that almost anyone will feel like an expert after reading it.
2. Attention to detail
This is a core feature of Power Pages. There may be a lot of information in your article, but it’s not always enough: superficial content will never become a powerful page, even if the post contains 10,000 words.
Of course, there are topics and questions that even non-experts can answer, and their knowledge is enough to write an informative and useful long read.
However, long reads and power pages are not synonymous.
The informative value of a power page is not enough to surprise readers and make them say “Wow!”
It takes unique expertise to create a power page. It is knowledge that is impossible or difficult for most people to acquire.
The expertise of a powerful page author should help an untrained person do something difficult after reading the page.
4. Authoritative Domain
A piece of content is more likely to become a powerful page if it is published on an authoritative website. People doubt they can trust the data they get from a resource no one knows about.
Young sites and novice experts have a harder time attracting attention than well-known publications and established brands. But that doesn’t mean you can’t try. By regularly posting high-quality content on your B2B website, it will quickly get noticed.
The credibility of the author also plays a role. Be sure to post content from the top experts and thought leaders in your niche.
Structure is about design, layout, typography, and other factors that influence user experience and readability of content.
All things being equal, a well-designed post that looks good and is easy to read is more likely to become a powerful page.
6. Emotional Response
As mentioned earlier, powerful pages impress readers. They elicit an emotional response, prompting users to share a post, bookmark it, follow its author on social media, comment on it, and more.
“It has to create an emotional response. I want to be impressed. I want to be surprised. I want to feel joy, anticipation or admiration for this content so that it is considered 10x”, writes Rand Fishkin
The problem is that an emotional response is hard to predict. You don’t know for sure what will surprise most users – any of the seven items listed here could.
Effective content promotion is essential for a piece of content to turn into a powerful page. The more people see it, the more social signals it receives.
All marketing instruments work here: PPC or targeted ads, syndication, guest posts, sharing on related B2B groups on social media, etc.
How to Create a Power Page for Your B2B Website
You can create a power page by doing the following:
- Genius idea. Decide if you want to write a new text or update an old one on your B2B website; conduct keyword and competitor research; choose a topic; think of a structure; create an outline.
- Write. Write a draft, proofread and edit it, optimize it for SEO.
- Design. Include custom graphics, think about layout and typography, and add interactive content where appropriate.
- Publish and promote.
- Analyze the results.
As a B2B marketer or business owner, you won’t be doing all of this alone. A team consisting of a professional content writer, an editor who knows the subject inside out, a graphic designer, a developer who will make it attractive, and a link builder/outreach who can help to promotion is your path to the power of pages success.
The ROI of your feed page on a B2B website is not a matter of direct monetary benefit, but the value and benefits it brings in the long run: steadily growing organic traffic, a list email subscriber reach and your company’s position as a thought leader in the field. your land.
More resources on B2B websites
B2B Websites: What Visitors Like vs. What Marketers Like
Does your website really need it? Five things to think about
16 Ways B2B Websites Can Optimize Conversion Rates [Infographic]